This benefit is extended to all women rtCampers. We believe that if you are having a baby, it shouldn’t affect your financial situation or impact you once you return to work.
- You are entitled to receive 26 weeks of paid Maternity Leave, during which one could opt to work from home as well.
- This benefit can be claimed only if you fulfil the requirement, i.e., if you have worked at least 80 days with us, over the past 12 months.
Other leaves included
Leave for miscarriage and illness 🤒
In the circumstance of miscarriage or medical termination of pregnancy, a woman shall, on the production of the prescribed proof, be entitled to leave with wages at the rate of maternity benefit, for a period of 6 weeks immediately following the day of her miscarriage or medical termination of pregnancy.
Leave for tubectomy operation 💉
In case of tubectomy operation, a woman shall, on the production of prescribed proof, be entitled to leave with wages at the rate of maternity benefit for a period of two weeks immediately following the day of operation.
Leave for illness 🌡️
Leave for a maximum period of one month with wages at the rate of maternity benefits is allowable in case of illness arising out of pregnancy, delivery, premature birth of a child, miscarriage, or medical termination of pregnancy or tubectomy operation.
Statutory Guidelines 🧐
Eligibility, calculations, implementation and all other benefits will be extended as per Maharashtra State’s Maternity Policy at the time of the request.
🗒️ Notice For Maternity Benefit
- A woman entitled to maternity benefit may give notice in writing (in the prescribed form) to her employer, stating:
- That her maternity benefit may be paid to her or to her nominee (to be specified in the notice);
- That she will not work in any establishment during the period for which she receives maternity benefit; and
- That she will be absent from work from such date (to be specified by her), which shall not be earlier than 8 weeks before the date of her expected delivery.
- The notice may be given during the pregnancy or as soon as possible, after the delivery.
- On receipt of the notice, the employer shall permit a such woman to absent herself from work after the day of her delivery. The failure to give notice, however, does not disentitle the woman to the benefit of the Act.
🙅🏻♀️ Restriction on Employment of Pregnant Women
- No employer should knowingly employ a woman during the period of 6 weeks immediately following the day of her delivery or miscarriage or medical termination of pregnancy. Besides, no woman should work in any establishment during the said period of 6 weeks.
- Furthermore, the employer should not require a pregnant woman employee to do arduous work involving long hours of standing or any work which is likely to interfere with her pregnancy or cause miscarriage or adversely affect her health, during the period of 1 month preceding the period of 6 weeks before the date of her expected delivery, and any period during the said period of 6 weeks for which she does not avail of the leave.
👋🏼 Discharge or Dismissal to be Void
- When a pregnant woman absents herself from work in accordance with the provisions of this Act, it shall be unlawful for her employer to discharge or dismiss her during, or on account of, such absence, or give notice of discharge or dismissal on such a day that the notice will expire during such absence or vary to her disadvantage any of the conditions of her services.
- Dismissal or discharge of a pregnant woman shall not disentitle her to the maternity benefit or medical bonus allowable under the Act except if it was on some other ground.